The more you know about Palin, the more she looks like the female version of CLARENCE THOMAS!
Before you vote for her because she is female, I want you to know the following facts:
1. She strongly opposed to abortion
2. She supports the teaching of creationism alongside evolution in schools.
3. She supported the 1998 Alaska State constitutional ban on gay marriage.
4. She is a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association
5. She fired a state official for refusing to fire her former brother-in-law (who is in a custody battle with her sister) from the state police.
6. She wants to drill in Alaska National Wildlife Refuge and drill our way out of the energy crisis.
— by Knowing at Fabvalley (mostly in Chinese, but this particular section is in English)
7. Palin was “For” Bridge to Nowhere, in fact, she ran her governor race on “Build the Bridge” platform, until the voice of critics went up, then she was “against” but she kept the earmarked $223Million from Congress.
8. Palin lobbied $129Million earmarked fund for Alaska THIS YEAR, the highest earmark per capita.
9. When asked to comment on US government bail out of Fannie and Freddie, Palin said, “They’ve gotten too big and too expensive to the taxpayers. The McCain-Palin administration will make them smaller and smarter and more effective for homeowners who need help.” Fact is both companies were private until the bailout yesterday. In other words, it was not too expensive to the taxpayers till the bailout. The result of the bailout-BIGGER government!
10. “Jesus, Give Us a Pipeline!”, and Part II.
- Palin said, “I think God’s will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas pipeline built so pray for that …I can do my job there in developing my natural resources..But all of that doesn’t do any good if the people of Alaska’s heart is not good with God.”
- And Iraq War is God’s Plan, “our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God. That’s what we have to make sure that we are praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God’s plan.”
11.- Troopergate: Fired Public Safety Officer who refused to fire her brother-in-law, then replaced him with man she knew to have committed sexual harrassment. UPDATE 9/4: She is also now accused of improperly accessing and disclosing the state trooper’s personnel file, which could carry criminal charges
More on pro-choice and women’s rights:
…abortion rights are never just about abortion. The abortion rights issue is always intimately connected with women’s rights, including the right to see a physician who is willing to prescribe birth control pills, the right to fill birth control pills at your pharmacy, to get insurance companies to cover birth control pills, to buy morning after pill at your local pharmacy, to win government contract as a woman small business owner, to win child care assistance and benefits as a working mother, to give children more than abstinence-only education, to protect women’s rights NOT to be fired when they are pregnant, etc., etc., etc. They are all bundled together.
You can bet on it that any politician who is against abortion is also against child welfare, family and social services, healthcare assistance, mandating family leave policies, and protecting all kinds of women’s rights for working women.
–by Jun on Fabvalley.org